Winter precaution over the Christmas and New Year period
Are you planning a trip over the Christmas and Chinese New Year period? Make sure you check your home security before you leave!
Don't let the anticipation of a well-deserved vacation blind you to the risks of leaving your home unprotected. Always review your home safety checklist before you head out. Read our tips on ensuring your home is secure over the Christmas and Chinese New Year holidays:
- Install proper locks on doors, including balconies, terraces and windows. Yale offers a full range of locking solution for your home. Choose from our mechnical locks to the latest keyless smartlocks.
- Check the lock on doors and windows and replace them with secure devices as necessary.
- Leave a key with a friend and ask them to check your home daily if possible and also clear the mailbox regularly.
- Place a wooden pole or metal bar in the bottom of the runner channel of sliding windows and door.
- Don't let people notice that your home is unoccupied, e.g. leave the TV or radio playing at a low volume.
- Never leave keys under doormats, flowerpots, mailboxes or other "secret" hiding places.
- Use shades, drapes and other window treatments to keep potentially tempting household items out of view or put them in a Yale safe!
- Call security or police at once when noticing anything suspicious in the neighborhood.
In the new year of rooster, Yale wishes you a happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead!